The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa is seeking an enthusiastic and customer service oriented Lobby Server to join their Food & Beverage team! The Server is responsible for exceeding guest expectations and providing a memorable experience for our guests. The Lobby Server demonstrates a strong knowledge of all menu items and both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. Takes orders and serves food and beverage items to our customers in a timely, friendly, enthusiastic and professional manner. The Lobby Server communicates and works closely with kitchen and restaurant team to ensure customer satisfaction. Manages guest checks and proper payment, and maintains proper condition and cleanliness of dining areas and servicing equipment. Additional duties as requested.
Essential duties include:
- Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Practice good food hygiene and safety consistently.
- Prioritize, organize and follow up on any assigned tasks.
- Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment.
- Be proactive in regards to serving guests.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of all of the menus.
- Maintain a knowledge of the both hotel operations and local area attractions.
- Responsible for assisting in set up of the bar and decks
- Responsible for communicating any problems or concerns to the Dining Managers.
- To insist on meticulous cleanliness and orderliness.
- Maintain TIPS certification.
- Perform any and all duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Location: The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa- Avon, CO.
Approximate start date: 6/1/2018
Employment Type: Full Time, Part Time, Seasonal
Schedule: Afternoons and Evening shifts, days vary; weekends and holidays required.
Pay: $7.18/hr. plus tips
Eligible for: amazing perks including 401k Plan, discounted associate lunches $6 per meal; Explore lodging discounts; bus passes discount; Eye Pieces 20% OFF; discounts at local shops; employee referral program up to $200 per hired person; free trainings, spa discounts, monthly medical reimbursement (for full time/seasonal employees only), and more!
At East West, you'll find a culture based on excellence, where our vision is to focus on quality over quantity. We pride ourselves on providing our guests with the best experience possible, and opportunities for our employees to be well and thrive every day. At East West we encourage our employees to have Work-Life-Balance and we are dedicated to being an environmental leader in our communities. We deeply care about our community and support a wide variety of non-profits. Visit our website to learn more about East West at http://eastwestdestinationhospitality.com
High school diploma or equivalent. Previous restaurant experience is preferred with at least 1 year of working in a similar position. Must be able to work well under pressure and be self-motivated. Good communication skills-both written and verbal, required in English. Position requires standing and carrying for long periods. This position may require lifting, carrying, pulling or pushing of approximately 21-50 pounds.