Maintenance Engineer I FREE HOUSING AVAIL!
The Lion is seeking a full-time skilled Maintenance Engineer I to join their dynamic team. The Maintenance Engineer I is responsible for consistently providing well-maintained accommodations for our guests as well as keeping the Association building in good condition to ensure a satisfactory guest experience. Operates and maintains stationary mechanical equipment such as air compressors, generators, motors and steam boilers to provide utilities such as light, heat or power for buildings.
Essential duties include:
- Maintaining accommodations and association buildings performing routine painting, plumbing, electrical, carpentry and other related maintenance activities.
- Notify immediate supervisor concerning major repairs as well as keep supervisor aware of any subcontractor work in progress.
- Maintaining association managed hot tubs and sauna with daily chemical level check and adjusts as needed, as well as minor repairs to equipment.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance on association boilers; including but not limited to recording temperatures, filter replacement, etc.
- Perform annual preventive maintenance checks in individual units per our "Maintenance Check List".
- Assist with snow removal and landscaping/irrigation as needed.
- Fulfill guest and owner request and document any work done without work order with a hand written work order for billing.
- Ensure all assigned work and guest areas and equipment are maintained for appearance, functionality, and safety; recommend improvements; maintain adequate parts inventory.
- Provide requested proposals for owners or Association on projects requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
Location: The Lion - Vail, CO
Start date: ASAP
Employment Type: Full Time, Year Round.
Schedule: Varies, some holidays, nights and weekends required.
On-Site FREE housing available! Ask us more about this benefit.
Eligible for comprehensive benefits package including health insurance and 401k Plan.
At East West, you'll find a culture based on excellence, where our vision is to focus on quality over quantity. We pride ourselves on providing our guests with the best experience possible, and opportunities for our employees to be well and thrive every day. At East West we encourage our employees to have Work-Life-Balance and we are dedicated to being an environmental leader in our communities. We deeply care about our community and support a wide variety of non-profits. Visit our website to learn more about East West at http://eastwestdestinationhospitality.com
One year certificate from college or technical school or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Good verbal and written communication skills, good organization skills. Must be able to work a varied schedule, and under pressure when necessary.Must be able to lift and carry heavy items; ability to work outside in all weather conditions; must be able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays; must be able to effectively communicate in verbal and written English.